The CRA Alert Program aids members in the identification and recovery of stolen or converted equipment. The program relies on the use of email for timely notification to members; to prevent multiple member crimes, and help law enforcement apprehend perpetrators.
CRA members and interested law enforcement agencies are notified of any equipment theft, conversion, or persons who have used fake ID and/or stolen checks.
The process begins when members submit a theft or conversion report to the CRA office. The Alert program then emails details of the theft to member rental centers. In addition to this timely response, the alert is posted to the CRA website. Occasionally we are contacted by agencies looking for the owners of recovered equipment.
Remember: the program begins to work when you submit your Alert report to CRA at Alert@CalRental.org or fax to (916) 570-1384. Download and print your copy of the Alert reporting form, and keep it handy. (Reminder: CRA's Alert Program is for members only.)
To Report and Alert
- Obtain a case number for the theft from the Police Department.
CRA cannot process the Alert without it.
- Select the appopriate form for the type of theft you are reporting
- Download the form to your desktop
- Open with Adobe Acrobat
- Fill out form
- Click the Submit Button to send form to your email out box
- Open your email program and send the email
(Select the approprate form for the type of theft you are reporting)
- Click Here for Conversion - Use when equipment is rented and not returned
- Click Here for Stolen from Customer or Jobsite
- Click Here for Stolen form Rental Center - Use when there has been a break in or theft
Use this form If you would prefer a hard copy of the Alert form
Click Here for PDF version - to print, fill out, scan and email or fax (This form covers all types of theft.)